Thursday 22 September 2011

7 SINS


I’ve always loved playing console games, especially after I met my husband which is also a gamer, this intensified my addiction to them. Perhaps later on in this blog, I shall start putting a list of games I’ve played, how I rate the games, my `recommendation’ to them. Good idea?

Anyways, recently I played a PC game called Sacra Terra: Angelic Night. It’s a hidden item game based on the 7 sins. Many times I’ve come upon this subject in my past, in movies, books, articles and I remember playing a PS2 game on this matter too. The irony is that I also recently came upon a friend of mine who blogged on this subject too. Wow….what a coincidence! A little scary but still, wow. As I played this game, I had complied some information and also saved some of it’s pictures from this game. I had wanted to write a piece about it when I saw my friend (Karin) had already done so. Anyways, I’ll go ahead a piece together mine in this blog.

I’ve discovered that the 7 sins corresponds with 7 demons each. These 7 demons are also known as Prince of Hell. Shall we go into them? Please take note that these demon prince list is according to Peter Binsfield, a Jesuit, written in 1589.

LUST – Asmodeus

SLOTH, VANITY - Belphegor

PRIDE, ARROGANCE – Lucifer

ENVY – Leviathan

ANGER/RAGE – Satan

GLUTTONY – Beelzebub a.k.a Baal

GREED – Mammon


















































So often we speak/write about the 7 sins but there are oppositions to them ( the 7 virtues) which some may not know. They are as follows :

1. PRIDE, ARROGANCE – HUMILITY
2. GREED - CHARITY
3. LUST – CHASTITY
4. ANGER/RAGE – PATIENCE
5. GLUTTONY – TEMPERANCE
6. ENVY – KINDNESS
7. SLOTH, VANITY – DILIGENCE

And another POSITIVE note is that there is what I read as The Angelic Council a.k.a Seven Archangels. They don’t have associations with the opposing 7 sins. They are :

The Angelic Council" ("Ангельский Собор"). An Eastern Orthodox Church icon of the "Seven Archangels". From left to right: St JehudielSt GabrielSt SealtielSt MichaelSt UrielSt RaphaelSt Barachiel. Beneath the mandorla of Christ Emmanuel are representations of Cherubim (in blue) and Seraphim (in red).
1. St Michael
2. St Gabriel
3. St Raphael
4. St Uriel
5. St Raquel
6. St Remiel
7. St Saragael

I guess to sum it all up, I know evil exist in this world…..hence I believe God exist too. Shall we Amen to that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment